Wednesday, February 23, 2011

hospitals need video games.

So my usual post has been postponed a day due to unforeseen events. Which made me realize how much 
I love the game Mahjong.
I have always loved the game memory since I was a little girl. I don't have the best memory nor do I think it really helped my skills much, but for some reason I enjoyed. The fun thing about memory is you just need a piece of paper and cut out pieces evenly, or just use a deck of cards.
I feel like mahjong is a memory solitaire creation. 
Since I already played Angry Birds for my last stint. I sat there wondering whats a game I like to play? What's a game I can play over and over while I wait. I also wasn't feeling well so a simply formatted game was welcomed.
Mahjong is a game of tiles and matching there is some luck to the game. There can be four of the same tiles so choosing which one you choose to match up could ruin the game because it was blocking a tile you needed to match for the win. 
Throughout the waits and various doctor line ups I probably played about four hours. Also it was the free version so I only had three different lay outs. 
I think I just found comfort in finding a game that was simple and repetitive. Helped me concentrate on playing the game then worrying about what was around me. 
Thanks Mahjong !
Angry Birds. Rovio Mobile. Iphone/Ipad App. Clickgamer Media, Chillingo. 2009. Single Player. Digital Download.
Mahjong. Iphone/Ipad app. December 15 2010. Single Player. Digital Download. 

No comments:

Post a Comment